Interested in becoming a member? You’re in the right place!
Potteries Hackspace is a membership organisation (SIC 94990) and as such is funded in most part by membership subscriptions.
There are a number of benefits to becoming a member, they are:
- Access to our private members only mailing list and resources
- Vote at meetings or virtually
- Storage space for your projects (35L box)*
- Use of the Hackspace tools & equipment*
- 24 hour access to the Hackspace*
- WiFi Internet access*
- Use of shared components, consumables, donated items including tea and coffee*
- Access to special offers, discounts and cheap rates
- Opportunity to attend and host workshops
- Can attend the AGM and be elected on to the Management Committee
Guests are welcome
- These items depend on a physical space and are subject to availability, please check the mailing list for the current status and access.
The membership rules and regulations differ from the the hackspace rules as all members are subject to certain rules and legal obligations.
- Members are subject to the Potteries Hackspace Constitution.
- All members must pay a membership fee each month in order to remain a voting member
- You are required by law to provide your real name and address to become a member
- Sorry, members cannot be under the age of 18, guests can but members must be responsible for their guests
Potteries Hackspace is entirely funded by it’s members and without you we wouldn’t be able to make this happen.
Every month we need to pay bills, as well as raising funds for equipment and supplies. Our main source of income is membership fees.
We have a very simple policy for membership fees:
- Members pay what they like for membership on a monthly basis.
- If you are paying less than you are taking from the Hackspace you’ll be politely asked to increase your monthly payments.
A subscription of £15 per month is recommended, a minimum of £5 per month is encouraged.